Rapido is an Indian online bike booking application that is founded in 2015. The founders of rapido is Aravind Sanka, Pavan Gunpalli and SR Rishikesh. Its headquarter is in Bangalore, Karnataka, India and now it serve in about 100+ cities.
Rapido app allows the users to book bike rides online and then the user can take a ride to their desired location with the caption. The fare include the base price of 15 and then the additional 3rs for each kilometer of the ride. The ride is the provide with total safety as all the rapido captions had to get registered under the app and has to submit valid required document. The caption has to use bike, scooter or e bike that cannot be older than 2010.
- It serves in over 100+ cities across India.
- It has over 15000 registered riders with an average ride of 30000 per day in 2018
- Some of them who has stake in rapido are hero motocorp chairman Pawan Munjal nad former google head Ranjan Anandan India.
- In 2019, company has claimed to create more than 500000 jobs in India.
- It has over 1 crore of registered users in 2019.
- It has expanded its operations in providing the hyperlocal delivery for the local businesses and e-commerce companies.
- It has also been initiated the rapido auto rickshaw hailing services in 14 cities.
Rapido has to face some of the legal issue that only allows the company to serve in 75 cities as it has run into legal troubles. Several bikes are seized as it do not have the permit from the transport department in 2018. Madras high court has banned the rapido operation in Tamil Nadu as it don not follow the local rule and even removed by the app store for violating the law. It was banned in Assam, Bangalore, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai but even after all this the company was illegally reported to operate in some cities as the food delivery executives. In 2020, in Mumbai the city’s transport authorities has stop its services as it was operating without the government’s permission]